Terms & Conditions
Welcome OilPatchHub.com. Thanks for stopping by. By accessing OilPatchHub.com you are agreeing to the following terms, which are designed to make sure that OilPatchHub.com works for everyone. This policy is effective January 1, 2012.
Using OilPatchHub.com. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws in any jurisdiction
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm OilPatchHub.com or the interests or property of OilPatchHub.com users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the OilPatchHub.com;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access OilPatchHub.com and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to OilPatchHub.com
Abusing OilPatchHub.com. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the site working properly. We may limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off OilPatchHub.com if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off OilPatchHub.com or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring OilPatchHub.com or for unauthorized or unlawful content on OilPatchHub.com or use of OilPatchHub.com by users.
Fees, Services and Refund Policy. Using OilPatchHub.com is generally free. We may charge fees for certain services. If the service you use charges a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in United States of America Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
Content. OilPatchHub.com contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute OilPatchHub.com, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. (We need these rights to host and display your content.) If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify our designated copyright agent at OilPatchHub.com Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or of any party’s rights.
Prohibited Items and Services
OilPatchHub.com places certain restrictions on the types of items and services offered for sale and the types of listings posted to the site. Please review the following list of items, services and listing types that may not be listed and, upon discovery, will be removed at our sole discretion.
Prohibited Item Types
- Items and services that infringe on another party’s copyright, patent, license, trademark or other proprietary right, including rights of publicity and privacy or where the offering of such items and services is prohibited by law.
- Any item that is illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- Items to which a false or illegal description is applied.
- Stolen or illegally imported goods.
- All firearms, military weapons, explosives and ammunition.
- All fireworks, pyrotechnics, and explosives that are not related to oilfield service work.
- Books, manuals, software, or literature promoting violence or containing hate literature.
- Books, manuals, software, or literature that provide instructions on how to perform or engage in any form of illegal activity.
Prohibited Listing Types
- Listings that are wholly or mainly intended to divert buyers away from the listings themselves.
- Listings with links to another website where you are offering the same item for sale at a value lower than your stated opening price.
- Listings that sell low-valued items advertising other site’s sales.
- Listings that require bidders to purchase additional items or services.
- Listings that require bidders to participate in raffles or lotteries.
- Listings that charge excessive shipping and handling fees to winning bidders.
Suspension or Termination
Suspension, termination, and/or prosecution may result for any member engages in the following activities:
- Providing false information when registering, such as a false name or fraudulent contact information.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about users, including email addresses, without their written consent.
- Failure to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has changed the item’s description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
- Failure to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the conditions of the posted item, or if you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity.
- Posting false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content. You may not make publicly available (on a listing or publicized question/answer) any contact or personal information including, but not exclusive to, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Distributing or posting spam, advertising, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
- Listing items in inappropriate categories just to get additional exposure or for any other reason. Violators of this policy are subject to suspension or termination. If you have something that does not fit any of the existing categories, please e-mail the administrator and request that category be added to the website.
- Attempting to compromise the safety, security, data integrity, service, or any other fact of OilPatchHub.com will result in suspension or termination and you may face legal action. We’ve worked hard to present this service opportunity for you and we will not allow you (or any user) to ruin it for the masses.
- Attempting to post illegal merchandise, including pirated software and music, firearms, adult videos, any item in any way infringing on a legitimate copyright, or anything that is affiliated with pornography, etc. Links within your auctions to sites violating the above are included. Items that are posted for bids are subject to review by the staff, and may be removed without prior notice, if in violation of the User Agreement. We reserve the right to remove any user from this auction at any time for any reason we deem sufficient and without explanation.
We will tolerate no violations of law or regulations by any actions, especially those that are libelous, threatening, harassing, or obscene.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to OilPatchHub.com that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through OilPatchHub.com Customer Support. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on OilPatchHub.com infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is email OilPatchHub.com Customer Support with a detailed report of your claim. After we receive your first email, we will look into the matter and may or may not take action, which we, at our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
Liability. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the stuff on OilPatchHub.com comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of OilPatchHub.com, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on OilPatchHub.com constitute the entire agreement between Jaret Sichello Consulting Ltd and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of Canada. We both submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. This won’t affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law (such as the law of your country of residence) for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below. Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to:
3747 Ridge Pond Drive
Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: OilPatchHub.com User Inquiries
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to OilPatchHub.com Customer Support
Please understand that using this website marks your full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.