Full-Time Business Analyst, Finance
Category: Accounting, Finance, Auditing, and Tax
Location: Calgary, AB
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent exploration and production (E&P) company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we had operations and activities in 17 countries and total assets of $90 billion as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry.
Our production averaged 300 MBOED in 2016, and proved reserves were 1.5 billion BOE.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our world-class portfolio includes the Surmont oil sands project in the Athabasca region of northeastern Alberta and exciting opportunities in the liquids-rich Blueberry-Montney play in northeast British Columbia.
ConocoPhillips believes that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief throughout our company. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors and our communities.
ConocoPhillips Canada (CPC) is currently recruiting a Calgary based Financial/Business Analyst, reporting to the Operations BA Supervisor. The successful candidate will have responsibilities for financial and operational reporting for the Surmont team, as well as, for supporting the development of long range plans, budgets and forecasts. The incumbent will work directly with members of the Surmont Operations team in both Calgary and the field.
In addition, as a member of the Canada Finance function, this position offers significant opportunities to participate in cross functional efforts to enhance/streamline finance processes and affords future opportunities in function’s other departments (Strategy, Planning, Financial Accounting, Commercial, and others).
- Monthly forecast and budget to actual variance analysis for the team
- Coordination of Long Range Plan inputs for the Operations team
- Coordination of official in year forecast submission inputs for the Operations team
- Support Canada F&PA reporting to corporate finance (WD cycle)
- Creation of presentation materials for quarterly committee meetings with our partner Total E&P
- Responses to internal, E&Y, and Joint Venture Audit queries as required
- Journal Entries (including any allocations)
- Monitoring AFE’s /WO’s/PO’s
- Detailed cost analysis
- Finance support for Surmont field
- Vendor analysis / reporting
- Adhoc asset team and leadership requests
- Support maintenance of key tools and models
- Participate in ongoing improvement efforts to streamline the Canadian financial processes
- Occasional air travel to field site (10% of schedule)
- Minimum Bachelors degree
- Minimum 5 years oil and gas experience
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with various teams
- Quick learner; willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
- Experience in planning/budgeting systems (eg. 3esi-Enersight, Palantir)
- Finance designation (CMA, CPA, or CGA)
- Understanding of financial reporting, income statements, balance sheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong SAP user, specifically in finance module
- Strong Excel and Access database skills are an asset
- Ability to use Essbase would be an asset
How to ApplyClick here to apply directly to Conoco Philips: http://careers.conocophillips.com/job/7704155/business-analyst-finance-calgary-ca/
107 total views, 1 today