Full-Time Controller- F&PT Japan
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for all the controllership matters in F&PT Japan and operations processes across the business and will be a key leader in driving functional, business, and broad company objectives
• Ensure GAAP and local stat finance records are maintained in timely, accurate and complete fashion
• Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
• Effectively translate and support specific financial accounting & compliance guidelines (GE GAAP, local stat., tax rules, etc.) into practical business solutions
• Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including accounting, account reconciliations, GE Corporate Data Request (DR) submissions, and representation letters.
• Ensure that the balance sheet account reconciliations are completed within corporate guidelines
• Manage annual corporate income tax calculation and filing
• Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
• Support commercial and operations leaders/teams to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing GE expertise and technical accounting guidance.
• Reports financial status and key metrics to the Global HQ team
• Interact with GE Corporate Audit Staff for internal GE compliance audits/reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk. Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
• Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk.
• Drive process rigor including operating procedures, metrics and training to enable and sustain growth, simplification, compliance and operational objectives during implementation
• Strong knowledge of financial accounting, and basics on tax filing
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Decisiveness and leadership, demonstrated through commitment and relationship skills.
• Demonstrated to be a change agent and a self-initiative starter
• Clear thinking & ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to energize teams at all levels of the organization and effectively balance multiple initiatives.
• Must be able to work closely with multiple teams across different functions.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to creatively assess business impact of key decisions.
• Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Strong Analytical, Clear Thinking & Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to effectively multitask & prioritize appropriately
• Ability to work under fast-paced environment
• Embrace change in a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated Leadership ability
• Ability to travel 50% of time and based at site, located at Kariwa
• Excellent Communication Skills & understanding of difference cultures
• Strong PC Skills
• Fluent in Japanese and English
How to ApplyClick here to apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=54&siteid=5346&jobid=1353758#jobDetails=1353758_5346
44 total views, 1 today