19 Sep 2017
Full-Time Field Operator (Sand Control)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company is seeking an Field Operator for Shafter, CA.
- Perform various duties associated with Sand Control Well Services, while under direct supervision.
- Run high-pressure pumping equipment for the pumping of sand slurries or a combination of specialty chemicals.
- Run downhole tools and associated equipment.
- Maintain and test all pumping service equipment for operations.
- Complete equipment inspections as part of maintenance schedule.
- Drive company vehicle to designated locations.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to read and write English.
- Hands-on mechanical skills.
- Skills in engines and diesel motors.
- Ability to work well with teams in a challenging, field environment.
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Valid and current Class A CDL and medical card.
- General knowledge of well servicing equipment and mechanical devices, including pumps and commercial vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of oil and gas industry.
- Hazardous Material endorsement on CDL
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, highly motivated, and prepared for 75% travel.
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7 and work overtime and out-of-town as needed.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes, a GE company HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and Baker Hughes, a GE Company Core Values.
- Will work in the dirt/rig sites; wearing PPE/HSE attire
Baker Hughes, a GE Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
How to ApplyClick here to apply: https://bakerhughes.taleo.net/careersection/bhiexternal/jobdetail.ftl?job=1706257
49 total views, 1 today