Full-Time Field Service Technician III
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Field Service Technician III will provide hands-on technical and operations support of GE
Reciprocating Compression equipment and supporting utility systems within customer facilities
during commissioning, start-up, operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance,
performance testing, and trouble-shooting situations as required.
Assist the Field Services Site Team Leader in the provision of technical and mechanical services
to external customers in settings such as compressor stations, process plants, etc.
In the role of Field Service Technician III, you will:
- Investigate and report finding to site lead of technical problems with equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance as outlined by site lead.
- Perform minor testing of equipment in the field.
- Perform minor repairs, major repairs or corrective maintenance on customer equipment
following direction of site lead.
- Complete daily safety checks and report safety concerns.
- Participate in safety and environmental reviews.
- Participate in process hazard
- Support turn-around activities for customers including identification / justification, procedure
writing, reviews, equipment inspection, etc.
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations – onshore and offshore
locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to
reach secondary level medical care
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university (OR High
School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum of 5 years of
experience in field service or oil field)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in field service or oil fieldEligibility Requirements:
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE
owned/leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of
your driving record
- Currently possess or obtain a valid driver’s license
- Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for
onshore/offshore remote location assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Master the Core competencies; Basic tools; Basic Engine & Compressor Theory; Basic Math
Skills; Basic Computer skills – Word & Excel
- Safety focused, Service-oriented, Business focused, A self-starter
- Dependable with ability to multiple-task successfully
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Good verbal and written communication skills and above average interpersonal skills
- Clear, concise, and accurate service reporting is requiredPLEASE NOTE: Saint Rose, LA is the preferred location, however other U.S. locations
may be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
How to ApplyClick here to apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=54&siteid=5346&jobid=1388547#jobDetails=1388547_5346
52 total views, 2 today