Full-Time Maintenance Planner
Reporting to the Maintenance Execution Manager as part of the Khazzan project pre-operations team and subsequently transitioning into the facilities operations team at the facility handover and start up in 2017.
The Maintenance Planner role is integral to the effective / efficient execution of all maintenance activities across the Khazzan facility. In the Pre-Operations phase the role is primarily to support the development of the preventive / predictive maintenance regime which will be implemented in the BP work management system. As the facility moves through start up the role will become more focussed on the planning of emergent work and the continuous improvement cycle associated with the execution of the maintenance build.
In addition to being accountable for the detailed preparation of maintenance activities the maintenance planner is the onsite expert user of SAP PM the BP Work Management system (Appropriate training will be provided).
The Khazzan Maintenance Planner role presents a rare opportunity to be part of establishing a new operating centre which will aspire to the highest operating standards, comparable with the best of BP facilities worldwide.
The Maintenance Planner is accountable for the generation of high quality job plans and work packs to allow efficient scheduling, assignment and execution of work.
- In support this the Maintenance Planner is responsible for
- Identifying the permits, people, tools, materials, services, and
- procedures needed for a quality work pack.
- Conducting job / field walk-downs.
- Setting realistic Target Dates for execution of the work and the
- associated dates for procurement of material and services.
- The management of backlog through periodic meetings and to ensure it is accurate and prioritized.
- Maintaining job plan libraries and ensuring Job Plans are complete, accurate and easily accessible to all.
- Modifying job plans based on feedback received and requesting modification or creation of master data such as new materials, new locations, description changes, etc.
- Supporting the Activity Planning team on the preparation of the Short-Long term plans for the facility.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and basic defect elimination in the day to day execution of work.
- The site implementation of the Global Work Management
- processes and standards within planning activities and monitoring
- the agreed upon KPIs, taking appropriate actions to close the deviation from target
NVQ, City and Guilds or equivalent qualifications (i.e. Journeyman Licence) in a suitable Engineering discipline.
Or a degree equivalent in the associated field (Mechanical/ Industrial or equivalent)
Essential experience and job requirements
- Only open to Omani national candidates
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance role with an operating asset.
- Experience in working in a cross discipline maintenance team as part of an operating asset.
- Experience of developing equipment specific maintenance plans.
- Experience with control of work processes and safety golden rules.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience of the transition from Projects to Operations.
- Experience of operations planning processes and the associated tools.
- Experience of leading in the use of the work management systems (Maximo, SAP PM or equivalent)
- Experience of the development of a facility preventative/predictive maintenance program.
- Experience of coaching and supporting staff within competency management framework.
Yes – up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
How to ApplyClick here to apply directly to British Petroleum https://jobs.bp.com/job/oman/maintenance-planner/198/3771178
56 total views, 1 today